Chabot College offers instruction to service members, reservists, and other eligible persons under Title 38, United States Code and Department of Veterans Affairs regulations. Chabot College is also a proud participant of the Principles of Excellence Program.


Veterans and dependents wishing to use their education benefit provided through the Department of Veterans Affairs must first apply for admission to Chabot College. Basic categories of education benefits include: Post 9/11 GI Bill®, Montgomery GI Bill® (Active Duty/Selected Reserve), Vocational Rehabilitation, and Dependent Education Assistance. After applying for admission, follow the Enrollment Certification procedures outlined below:

  1. Apply for VA Education Benefits online
  2. Complete the Chabot College online orientation
  3. Submit a copy of your DD-214 to the VRC (Veterans Resource Center) to establish priority registration
  4. Submit all official, sealed college and military transcripts to the Admissions & Records
  5. If applicable, complete Assessment/Placement.
  6. Complete your student educational plan with a counselor, and then provide a copy to the VRC (Veterans Resource Center).
  7. Register for classes online via CLASS-Web.
  8. Complete the Enrollment Certification Request form at the VRC (Veterans Resource Center).


Per California SB 272 and SB 361, priority registration is provided to any member or former member of the Armed Forces of the United States who has received an honorable discharge, a general discharge, or an other than honorable discharge. In addition, per SB 1456, students must have completed assessment/placement, college orientation, and developed a student education plan to receive the highest level of priority. (Refer to the next page for more information regarding priority registration.)

NOTE: Dependents of veterans do not qualify for military priority registration.

Priority registration is not an automatic process. You must complete each Student Success and Support Prorgam (SSSP) core service (assessment, orientation, student education plan) and submit a copy of your DD-214 to the VRC (Veterans Resource Center) (Building 2300, room 2353) or email