International Transcripts

International Transcripts 

Guidelines for International Transcript Evaluation Services

Students who have a foreign transcript and need to verify completion of a secondary credential or who are looking for possible transfer of credits to Chabot College will need to have their official foreign transcripts evaluated by through foreign credential evaluation agencies (see list below).  

For University Transfer: 

  • Foreign transcripts CANNOT be used towards IGETC General Education certification (other than waiving the foreign language requirement). 
  • Foreign transcripts cannot be used towards California State University General Education certification. 
  • English, Speech, and United States history and government courses taken outside the United States usually cannot be used for college credit. 
  • The transfer of course must have be lower divisions.  
  • The content of the courses must be recognized as equivalent to current Chabot College or Las Positas College course standards. 

 For Associate Degree For Transfer: 

  • Associate degrees for transfer (AA-T/AS-T) use CSU GE Breadth or IGETC transfer patterns, so foreign coursework CANNOT be applied to those degrees.  

For Associate Degree or Certificate: 

  • The evaluation report must include a course-by-course evaluation, including grades, units, and upper or lower division designation listed for each course. 
  • Foreign coursework is NOT APPLIED to speech/communication, English, requirements or competencies. Courses must be at least 3 semester units. 

For Nursing and Dental Hygiene Admissions Requirements: 

  • Courses completed at International Universities will need to be evaluated by an independent transcript evaluation service and be deemed equivalent to Chabot courses to be accepted. 
  • Official evaluation results with any applicable attachments must be submitted for consideration. 
  • Evaluation results must also indicate lower-division and upper-division coursework.  
  • No combined science classes will be accepted. I.E. Anatomy must be only Human Anatomy, Physiology must be only Human Physiology, Microbiology must be Microbiology. Not Anatomy + Histology, or Physiology + General Chemistry etc.   

What Happens Next? 

  • Upon receiving your official transcript evaluation, please schedule an appointment with a Counselor at your College. Do not open your sealed official transcript evaluation once you receive them (if opened, the transcript evaluation is considered unofficial). 
  • Students must meet with a Counselor prior to submitting an Incoming Transcript Evaluation. Upon submission, the Admissions and Records will review and process the request. 
  • Once a transcript evaluation has been completed, it cannot be removed from your academic history at Chabot College.  
  • Students may be required to submit course description(s), course outline(s), and/or syllabus translated to complete the evaluation process. 

Agencies Approved By The Commission For Foreign Transcript Evaluation: 

Additional Information:  

All of the listed evaluation agencies offer rush services at an additional cost. Contact the agency for more information on fees and other requirements for the evaluation.